Sunday, May 8, 2011

WEEK 5

...life is not a multiple choice test, it's an open-book essay exam.
-- Alan Blinder (Princeton)



Dear teacher,

Week full of reflections!!!!!!

Alternative assessment and PBL ..What great ways of assessing!!! I really enjoyed every single task I did, but the most I liked was to read about these ones.

As teacher in this new age, we have to promote students’ independence or autonomy and cooperative learning. These new ways of assessing doubtless will help to develop these abilities in our students furthermore we will realize what they know and how they could use it in their daily lives, what is more in realistic and communicative situations.

Meeting Carl was really nice and challenging because of his questions, I really appreciate how he made me reflect about assessment, grades, memorization and other important topics, and I discovered that using Rubrics in Alternative Assessment could be the solution for the endless problem of scores.

Taking about solutions to my concerns using Technology helped me to think how to use my new knowledge so as to introduce my students in a new world full of extraordinary experiences and extremely useful tools which can enrich not only their culture but also their understanding about the current world.

I was speechless when I browsed Web Quests. It was my first time I have seen such a fantastic learning assistants !!! I was experimenting through this tool and for sure I am going to use it.

What can I say?… I love to be here!!!

Ale

1 comment: