Saturday, May 21, 2011

WEEK 7

Dear all,

Technology, pathway to new knowledge!!!


Firstly, I loved to read about autonomous learning because I realized that technology offer us many tools to improve students’ autonomy and independence, but also I understood that a teacher must organize different activities and assign homework that will push students to explore, investigate and analyze new ways of learning. As English teacher is our task teach our students inside the classroom and show them how to learn outside as it is indispensable students take learning by themselves.


Secondly, using a computer in class is really helpful because we can create many fun and interesting activities for students, having an English lab is great, but only one computer can be benefit too so as to make sure every student is paying attention to the proposed task what is more with a good lesson plan it would work really well enhancing the communicative skills.


Finally looking for a partner for sharing my project was interesting because I consider it is extremely important to hear other opinion on how to use all the new tools I am learning to benefit the educational community.

The end is near and I really appreciate what I have been learning.

Week 8… here I go!!!

Ale

2 comments:

  1. Dear Alejandra,

    I'm glad to see that you are learning. As you say, it is indespensable that students learn by themselves, and so, we have to learn ourselves to "learn by ourselves". I hope that in this process, having a peer partner for the project helps us with the "learning".

    Juan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ale,

    As the papers we read clearly specified and you enhance it once more, the learner should learn by themselves, but this does not mean that the teacher should take a neglecting role. In the contrary the teacher should be present more than ever to guide the student successfully through this process.

    Marsi

    ReplyDelete