Sunday, June 5, 2011

WEEK 9

Dear all,

This week has been productive, I am really grateful of learning more about MI.
This simple grid diagram illustrates Howard Gardner's model of the Multiple Intelligences at a glance.

1. intelligence type/ capability and perception
2. Linguistic /words and language
3. Logical-Mathematical/logic and numbers
4. Musical/music, sound, rhythm
5. Bodily-Kinesthetic/ body movement control
6. Spatial-Visual/images and space
7. Interpersonal/other people's feelings
8. Intrapersonal/self-awareness
http://www.businessballs.com/howardgardnermultipleintelligences.htm

Although, the most important teaching lesson that I learnt was to take into account all my students intelligences in my lesson plans.

As teacher of small or big groups it is necessary to take into account each student with his or her difference and work in his or her strengths and weaknesses.
Fortifying our students’ strengths the answer to the learning process will increase while their weaknesses will develop too.

So let’s work!!

On the other hand this course is almost over and I feel it gives me the motivation to teach in a different way, during the course I have realized that teaching is a wonderful road full of new tools to discover, what I need is to be more curious.

In Ecuador the school year is finishing too, so I have considered that for the new school year wherever I find I will design new lessons integrating what I have learnt to teach my students how to use Blogs, NICENET, Delicious, interactive PPP, TCASTs, online readings and so on….

“It is incredible how many tools I have learnt in this short time”


Well, as I told you the curiosity plays and important role here, so I think if I want to learn more about technology I have to explore and read. I am pretty interested in taking an Internet course in order to improve my computing skills.

Finally the most important thing for me, I hope you Donna and you friends keep in touch because I think your help, suggestions, advice, comments and so on have been and will continue being a great support in this long and wonderful road. “TEACHING”

Ale

4 comments:

  1. Dear Ale,

    What a so inspired message!

    I totally agree with you when you say that after reading the different styles we will create lesson plans where we will try to addess each student's styles.

    I have the same feeling about this course, this experience has been fruitful, as I have been saying we will never be the same teachers we were 9 weeks ago!

    Katty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ale,

    Teaching is a journey, isn't it? Once we step foot on the road to becoming good teachers, we never leave. It's been a delight to share part of the journey with you.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katty,

    Thank you so much for your comment and support. It has been a real pleasure to share this adventure with you.

    As you have said, it is impossible to be the same teachers we were because now we are aware of the existence of a wide range of resource to improve our performance as teachers, so we must continue researching and learning as the more we learn, the better we will work.

    Ale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Donna,

    For sure, teaching is an exciting road much more when people like you lend us a hand in the journey!!!

    I have no words to express how grateful I feel… As I told you, you have been a great teacher and person. Your teaching methodology has been really inspiring for me.

    Total thanks for your guidance, patient and support without them this would not have been a real adventure.

    Ale

    ReplyDelete